Play Unplugged This Summer
Play Unplugged is all about encouraging kids to put down their electronics so they can get out and play. Kids earn a Brag Badge for every activity they complete. Pinnacle Medical Wellness is a big proponent of a healthy, active lifestyle and is proud to sponsor Play Unplugged. From Memorial Day until Labor Day, kids can earn Brag Badges for every activity they complete.
Shoot 50 free throws with your basketball, then come in to our Covington location to get your Brag Badge. There are many other badges to earn such as geocaching, making a fort, swimming, hiking, golfing and even making a rain stick. Thank you to all of the Covington area businesses who are encouraging kids to get outside and play!
Youth Physical Activity Guidelines
- Children and adolescents should have 60 minutes (1 hour) or more of physical activity daily.
- Aerobic: Most of the 60 or more minutes a day should be either moderate- or vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity and should include vigorous-intensity physical activity at least 3 days a week.
- Muscle-strengthening: As part of their 60 or more minutes of daily physical activity, children and adolescents should include muscle-strengthening physical activity on at least 3 days of the week.
- Bone-strengthening: As part of their 60 or more minutes of daily physical activity, children and adolescents should include bone-strengthening physical activity on at least 3 days of the week.
- It is important to encourage young people to participate in physical activities that are appropriate for their age, that are enjoyable, and that offer variety.