The pilates hundreds are a great core exercise done on the kinesis which involve contraction of the deep abdominal muscles and isometric contraction of the quadriceps to strengthen and improve the powerhouse of the body. Eyes focus on the stomach while the arms move with the inhaling and exhaling of the breath. The intention in breathing with control is to pull and scoop the stomach muscles in deeper with every exhale.
- With your feet closest to the Kinesis wall, grab the handles from the top and lay on the floor, rocking the pelvis back so that your back is flat against the floor.
- Keep your arms straight and the handles long by your sides.
- Your legs should also be straight, heels together and toes pointing out at a 45 degree angle.
- Tuck your chin towards your chest and continue to look down your abdomen.
- Pulse the handles by your side. Your breathing, counting, and pulsing should go hand in hand - breathing out for a count of 5 and breathing in for a count of 5, pulsing the entire time.
Added on 09/01/2011
Fitness and Exercise by The Lyons' Share-Our Blog
No comments have been added yet to this post.
Post a comment - top
Please register to leave a comment.